Thursday, August 25, 2011

Don't You Just Love IKEA??? Well...

So my hubby and I have been going back and forth at what we could do to get more storage space in our kitchen. We live in a four story townhome and coming form our "enormous" kitchen in Colorado to our townhouse size kitchen we had to down-size...well, I thought I had down-sized.... :whistling:
I was a Pampered Chef consultant years ago and through incentatives and product discounts, I collected A LOT of kitchen items that I just cannot put with... (OK You caught me....I am a nut for kitchen products...and a bit of a pack rat...hey, who isn't??? :whistling: again)
So long story...longer...we went to Ikea and found this beautiful buffet that almost matches our kitchen cabinets. My question to you is: Don't you just love Ikea??? It's actually a love hate relationship! I love shopping there...but I hate having to put together what is in the neatly packed, thin but gigantic boxes....
As always, we are optimistic at this point...hehehehe...but then the instructions come out...
Seriously??? What is up with that??? No words...just small pictures...and of course, let's not forget that all the small parts are in one large baggie...no rhyme or reason!!
Believe me...this is not what it looked like when I opened the bag...haha
Everything was going OK...no bloody fingers, broken pieces until the the hubby brings out the big gun! And we have the first casuslity...striped screw! Uh Oh!!

 We fixed it...well, we fixed both...kinda... :0) 
So 2 hours later, hunger over came our destiny and we had to thrown in the towel...Buffet 1, Me 0...But doesn't it look beautiful...



Til tomorrow...we shall what happens with if we can finish the Buffet Saga...Good night folks!



No comments:

Post a Comment